Whether you are looking for time on the ice or to host an event at a hall or pavilion, we can help find the right facility for your activity. Choose from one of our ice surfaces, halls, pavilions and auditoriums for your function. For events, each hall provides tables and chairs, kitchen and bar areas and a stage.
Check availability or request a rental through our online booking portal.
Anyone can check availability through the online portal. No user account is needed. However, you will need to create a user account to book a facility or register for programs online. For instructions on how to create your account, please see the frequently asked questions section of this page.
What are the prices?
The prices may vary depending on the type of event, the number of people, the facility space and equipment needed. You can contact the administrative assistant for Facilities for more information or for assistance.
|Main hall, per day, includes kitchen and bar, licensed (i.e., weddings)||$644.25|
|Main hall, per day (max. 10 hours), does not include kitchen and bar (i.e., sports)||$163.72|
|Main hall, per hour, does not include kitchen and bar (i.e., sports)||$33.63|
|Family functions/company meeting, per day (max. of 10 hours, until 9pm), includes kitchen, unlicensed||$185.84|
|Family functions/company meeting, per day
(max. of 10 hours, until 9pm), includes kitchen, licensed
|Hensall upstairs hall, per day (max. of 10 hours), includes kitchen and bar||$92.92|
|Pre or post day set-up/take down (max. of 4 hours)||$123.89|
|Kitchen, per day||$100.00|
|Kitchen, per hour||$30.09|
|Meeting room, per day||$75.22|
|Meeting room, per hour||$25.66|
|Buck and doe surcharge||$104.42|
|Prime, per hour, weekdays from 5 p.m. to close, all day on weekends||$129.20|
|Prime youth/minor sport, per hour, weekdays from 5 p.m. to close, all day on weekends||$120.35|
|Non-prime, per hour||$77.88|
|Last minute ice rental—prime—per hour||$83.98|
|Last minute ice rental—non-prime—per hour||$50.62|
|Arena floor (no ice), special event, licensed, per day||$644.25|
|Arena floor (no ice), sporting event, per day||$163.72|
|Arena floor (no ice), sporting event, per hour||$33.63|
|Youth/minor teams, per team, per season||$157.52|
|Adult Teams, per team, per season||$361.95|
|Single Diamond Rental, per game||$53.10|
|Tournament, one day, one diamond||$181.42|
|Tournament, three days, two diamonds||$451.33|
Pavilion rentals are $55.75 per day or $15.04 per hour.
|Arena rink board, plus sign cost, per season||$250.44|
|Olympia, plus sign cost, per side, per season||$500.00|
|On-ice advertising, plus sign cost, per season||$415.04|
Frequently asked questions
This list of frequently asked questions includes information to help you through the booking process.
You will need to create a customer account before booking a facility or registering for a program online. You will only need to create your customer account once. Only one account per household is needed as family members can be added.
Follow these steps to create your account.
- Go to the online reservation portal.
- From the Home page, select the "Create an Account" link in the top right corner. You can also use the "Sign In/Up" button.
- Fill out the required fields and select submit. Please submit only once. If you are registering a child for an activity, please use your own information when creating the account. After your account has been created, you can add children and other family members through the "My Account" tab in the portal.
- An email will be sent to you automatically to confirm your account. Please follow the instructions in the email to finish creating your account. If you don't receive an email, please check your junk folder.
A frequently asked registration question page is available in the online portal to help you.
Payment can be made online through the portal at the time of booking using a credit card.
Payment is also accepted at the municipal office during business hours, Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. using cash, cheque, credit or debit.
If booking an event (wedding, buck and doe, family function, company meeting), a 50 percent deposit is required within seven days from the event booking date. The remaining balance of the rental fee is due 30-days prior to the event date.
Tables and chairs are included with the hall bookings: our facilities staff can set up and take down tables and chairs for your functions. Please advise us at the time of booking how many of each are needed and how you would like them arranged. A diagram of the placement of tables and chairs for large events is required.
We ask for a minimum of five days in advance of the booking date being requested. Our facilities are booked on a first-come-first served basis, so the more notice, the better.
These conditions apply to all all last minute ice rentals:
- A rental period in which available ice can be purchased at a discounted rate is not and cannot be used to replace regular bookings and will not be added to a seasonal contract.
- Scheduled bookings cannot be cancelled and replaced with last minute ice.
- Booked on a first come first serve basis.
- Booking is final and non-refundable.
- Booking is in a minimum of 1-hour increments which contains 10 minutes of ice maintenance.
- The Municipality of Bluewater reserves the right to cancel last minute ice bookings when it is considered to be used for profit or gain or is being abused to replace or in the place of regular ice bookings.
- The Municipality of Bluewater reserves the right to deny, cancel or amend the implementation of last-minute ice at any time at its discretion.
- Last minute ice may be denied if the rental is not back-to-back with another booking, or if it’s the first or last rental of the day.
- Last minute ice availability will be provided by contacting either the Hensall or Zurich Arena and can be reserved over the phone.
- Payment must be made before the rental takes place.
- Statutory Holidays that fall on weekday is considered prime ice all day.
- All other facility rental terms and conditions apply.
Please contact the administrative assistant for Facilities for any facility reservation questions.