Entrance Permits

Driveway entrance permit

If you are planning to install a new driveway, repave an existing one, or modify your driveway in any way, you’ll want to make sure to apply for an entrance permit before beginning the work.

An approved entrance permit is required to:

  • Create a new entrance to private property from the municipal road allowance
  • Create a temporary entrance for construction
  • Modify an existing driveway (widen, pave, resurface, remove, etc.)
  • Relocate an existing driveway
  • Extend or install a culvert

To receive a copy of the entrance permit form, please contact the administrative assistant to the Public Works Department.

Submit your completed application to the Public Works department for review and approval. Installing or modifying a driveway without getting a permit first could result in the Municipality asking you to modify or remove the driveway after the work has been completed. If you have questions or are unsure if you need an entrance permit, contact the municipal office and ask to speak to the Public Works department.

For more information you can refer to the Municipality of Bluewater’s Zoning and Variance page

Scroll to top